National Plan for Vacation Day is today….
January is just about over, do you know when and where your vacation will be for this year?
Have You Taken a Vacation Day Lately?
Every year more than half of Americans fail to use all their time off, creating a stockpile of 705 million unused vacation days, up from 662 million days the year before.
Yet, while everyone says they want or even need a vacation, just a little more than half of America’s households actually set aside time to plan the use of their vacation time each year.
Are your vacation days in that pile too?
It’s “National Plan for Vacation Day!”
That’s why we’re all in for National Plan Your Vacation Day – January 29, 2019. It’s one day set aside to put your vacation days in play!
No Time Like the Present to Make Your Vacation Plan
But don’t worry, if you missed the 29th to make your vacation plan, it’s not too late! There is no time like today to jumpstart your next holiday.
Why a Vacation? ‘Cuz It’s Good for America!
The Good News is in 2017, Americans used nearly a half-day (0.4 days) more than the previous year. Well, ok it’s a start.
But the best part about it is once again this year we’ve seen an increase. In 2014, America reached its lowest point of vacation usage and since then, we’ve seen a positive.
So take a moment and pat yourselves on the back!
Vacation Day Stats
Ok.. that’s enough. And here’s why.
While the average employee is taking 17.2 days of vacation, less than half (47%) of that time—just eight days—is used for travel.
While there is some improvement, and every little bit helps, we have a ways to go yet.
- In 2017, 52 percent of employees reported having unused vacation days at the end of the year.
- While this number has improved compared to the 54 percent of Americans using vacation in 2016, the 705 million unused vacation days represent an increase from the more than 662 million unused days the previous year.
- The most effective remedy for American workers who want to use more vacation days is better planning. Yet just over half (52%) of households set aside time to plan out their vacation days each year.
- Those who plan out their vacation time in advance are far more likely than average to use all their earned days off (53% to 43%).
- Planners are also more likely than non-planners to use all or most of their time off to travel (33% to
18%), whereas non-planners are far more likely than planners to use little or none of their time for travel
(44% to 16%).
Still, many Americans do want to use their time to travel: the majority (84%) say it is important to travel with their time off. In fact last year Project: Time Off, an advocacy group, lead a national movement to transform American attitudes.
So What’s Stopping You?
American workers’ martyr syndrome combined with a corporate culture of silence where negative perceptions thrive is the vacation killing culprit. As a result, employees feel chained to their workstations rather than free to recuperate from the stresses of the job.
Are you expressing any of these top barriers for taking a vacation?
- If I go on vacation I’ll just return to a mountain of work
- No one else can do the job
- Taking time off is harder with seniority
- I cannot financially afford a vacation
- I want to show complete dedication
Even though senior business leaders overwhelmingly recognize the importance of using the time off, their message is often muddled, silenced or they simply discourage using their time off. As a result, negative perceptions flourish unchanged since 2014.
Rejuvenating Power of a Vacation
When you take a vacation you’ll return to work relaxed and recharged. Nearly two-thirds of employees say their concentration and productivity at work improve with taking time off. This sentiment is echoed by senior business leaders. In fact, business leaders believe employees return from vacation recharged and renewed—and ready to work more effectively.
Time to ProActively Plan Your Next Vacation to Sea Ranch
Without a plan you are more likely to take significantly fewer days- from as few as three days to none!
So get out your calendars and let’s get to setting up your vacation plan to Sea Ranch.
We have plenty of tips in our blogs to aid you in planning for your Sea Ranch Vacation on this National Plan For Vacation Day today!
Inspiration to help in your Sea Ranch Vacation Plan:
Start by Booking Sea Ranch Abalone Bay Vacation Rental Today
To help you with your planning here is a link directly to our Abalone Bay Availability Calendar:Book now
Just match your dates with that of our calendar and you’ll have taken the first step towards a new you!