What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
Your name and personal contact information will be held in confidence and never be shared with or sold to anyone outside of ourselves as owners and our property managers.
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
The personal information you provide will only be shared with the appropriate third parties necessary to complete your purchases. This includes the vendors we have selected (e.g., third-party insurance companies,) as well as the third parties facilitating the transactions (e.g., credit card authorization companies). The personal information we provide these third parties will ONLY be that which is necessary to ensure your travel arrangements are successfully confirmed and executed.
How do we protect visitor information?
Your name and personal contact information will be held in confidence and never be shared with anyone outside of ourselves as owners and our property managers.
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
At this time we do not collect sensitive/credit information.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Third Party Disclosure
Third Party Links
YOU MUST NOT:
- Republish material from https://searanchabalonebay.com.
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from https://searanchabalonebay.com
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from https://searanchabalonebay.com
- Redistribute content from https://searanchabalonebay.com (unless the content is specifically made for redistribution).
Certain parts of this website offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material and data (‘comments’) in areas of the website. Sea Ranch Abalone Bay does not screen, edit, publish or review comments prior to their appearance on the website and comments do not reflect the views or opinions of Sea Ranch Abalone Bay, its agents or affiliates. Comments reflect the view and opinion of the person who posts such view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws Sea Ranch Abalone Bay shall not be responsible or liable for the comments or for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the comments on this website.
Sea Ranch Abalone Bay reserves the right to monitor all comments and to remove any comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these terms and conditions.
YOU WARRANT AND REPRESENT THAT:
- You are entitled to post the comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The comments do not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark, or other proprietary rights of any third party;
- The comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy.
HYPERLINKING TO OUR CONTENT:
The comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant to Sea Ranch Abalone Bay a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
THE FOLLOWING ORGANIZATIONS MAY LINK TO OUR WEBSITE WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN APPROVAL:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Systemwide accredited businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our website.
- Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the websites of other listed businesses; and
THESE ORGANIZATIONS MAY LINK TO OUR HOME PAGE, TO PUBLICATIONS OR TO OTHER WEBSITE INFORMATION SO LONG AS THE LINK:
- Is not in any way misleading;
- Does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and
- Fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
WE MAY CONSIDER AND APPROVE IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION OTHER LINK REQUESTS FROM THE FOLLOWING TYPES OF ORGANIZATIONS:
- Commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources such as Chambers of Commerce, American Automobile Association, AARP and Consumers Union;
- Dot.Com community sites;
- Associations or other groups representing charities, including charity giving sites,
- Online directory distributors;
- Internet portals;
- Accounting, law and consulting firms whose primary clients are businesses; and educational institutions and trade associations.
WE WILL APPROVE LINK REQUESTS FROM THESE ORGANIZATIONS IF WE DETERMINE THAT:
- The link would not reflect unfavorably on us or our accredited businesses (for example, trade associations or other organizations representing inherently suspect types of business, such as work-at-home opportunities, shall not be allowed to link);
- The organization does not have an unsatisfactory record with us;
- The benefit to us from the visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence of that link.
If you are among the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must notify us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our website, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response.
APPROVED ORGANIZATIONS MAY HYPERLINK TO OUR WEBSITE AS FOLLOWS:
- Use of our corporate name; or by
- By use of the uniform resource locator (web address) being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our website or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
- No use of Sea Ranch Abalone Bay’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our website.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your website. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your website or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
RESERVATION OF RIGHTS:
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our website. You agree to immediately remove all links to our web site upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our website, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
REMOVAL OF LINKS FROM OUR WEBSITE:
If you find any link on our website or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
Advertising Used on our Website
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions, and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
We do not collect nor use potentially sensitive user information and strive to prevent ads from being targeted to users based on the potentially sensitive information.
Advertising sources we use include:
We follow Twitter’s advertising requirements found here: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20169693
We follow Facebook’s advertising policies found here: https://www.facebook.com/policies/ads/
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We follow Pinterest’s advertising policies found here https://policy.pinterest.com/en/advertising-guidelines
We follow Instagram’s advertising policies found here: https://business.instagram.com/advertising/
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser add-on.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) takes effect on May 25, 2018, and creates consistent data protection rules across Europe. It applies to companies (regardless of where they are based) who process personal data about individuals in the EU. This means that a US company, even a small business, that processes personal data on EU citizens must comply with the GDPR.
While many of the principles build on current EU data protection rules, the GDPR has a wider scope, more prescriptive standards, and substantial fines. For example, it requires a higher standard of consent for using some types of data and broadens individuals’ rights with respect to accessing and porting their data. It also establishes significant enforcement powers, allowing a company’s supervisory authority to seek fines of up to 4% of global annual revenue for certain violations.
Key Legal Bases
Under GDPR, there are a number of grounds to legitimize the processing of personal data. Below, we’ve outlined the most relevant legal bases under the GDPR.
Basis Requirements and Product Implications
- Contractual Necessity-Data processed must be necessary for the Service and defined in the contract with the individual
- Requires a freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous consent by clear affirmative action
- People have a right to withdraw consent, which must be brought to their attention
- Must be from a person over the age of consent specified in that Member State, otherwise given by or authorized by a parent/guardian
- Explicit consent is required for some processing (e.g., special categories of personal data)
A business or third party must have legitimate interests which are not overridden by individuals’ rights or interests.
Data processing must be paused if an objection is raised by an individual
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously
This link easily is found in the footer on our website footer opens to the policy specified above.
Users are able to change their personal information:
By contacting email@example.com
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify the users via email
- Within 7 business days
We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires:
- Individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and
- Processors who fail to adhere to the law.
This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that:
- Sets the rules for commercial email,
- Establishes requirements for commercial messages,
- Gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and
- Spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at: Info@SeaRanchAbaloneBay.com and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
While we endeavor to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not:
- Warrant its completeness or accuracy
- Nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or
- That the material on the website is kept up to date
DISCOUNTS, COUPONS, SPECIAL PROMOTIONS POLICY
Sea Ranch Abalone Bay accepts only those promotions and coupons issued by our business. Discount codes (“Coupons”) may be applied only at the time of booking of Sea Ranch Abalone Bay vacation rental
- We reserve the right to refuse any coupon or limit quantities.
- Offers and discounts may be limited to specific dates listed within the offer
- Customer Use for booking promotions is restricted to individuals over 25 years old.
- Customer Use Limits; limit one per customer
- Other Promotions; may not be used with any other coupon or promotion
- Number of Uses; each coupon may only be used once and may not be duplicated
- Manners of Use; printed coupons only.
- Special promotional offers may include a specific promotional code that indicates an unspecified gift, discount, or other
- Value; Coupons and promotions do not have cash value
- Discounts are taken only on base rate at the time of booking, including any discounts based on a percentage (e.g. 10% off)
- Coupons with a discount will be for value in USD
- Coupons cannot be sold or transferred.
- Only one Coupon per booking may be used.
- For specific restrictions on use of Coupons please see the relevant Coupon communication
- Unless otherwise stated, all offers exclude Holidays
- Usual booking terms and conditions apply
- All bookings are subject to availability
- Advanced reservation required to confirm availability
- Additional Fees; all fees associated with the booking, apply including but not limited to:
- HOA @3.5%
- Pet fees @$50/dog
- Housekeeping @ $275
- Refundable security deposit of $500 or payment of $69 for up to $3000 insurance
- Taxes; sales tax will be applied according to applicable law
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law:
- We exclude all representations, warranties, and conditions relating to our website, the use of this website;
- Including, without limitation,
- any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality,
- fitness for purpose and/or
- the use of reasonable care and skill.
NOTHING IN THIS DISCLAIMER WILL:
- Limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- Limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- Limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- Exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
THE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY SET OUT IN THIS SECTION AND ELSEWHERE IN THIS DISCLAIMER:
- Are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
- Govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer.
- To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge,
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
Last edited 2018- 4-19