Sonoma County Safe Travels Info
This page is to inform you of updates regarding Sonoma County Travel info and for Mendocino County Travel related to COVID-19. We hope it assists you in vacation planning for The Sea Ranch and other locations in Sonoma County.
Indoor masking rules are likely to remain until 2022
Masking requirements indoors regardless of vaccination status, continue in Sonoma County and nine other Bay Area jurisdictions until they are able to meet a list of criteria.
- The jurisdiction reaches the moderate (yellow) COVID-19 transmission tier, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), and remains there for at least three weeks; AND
- COVID-19 hospitalizations in the jurisdiction are low and stable, in the judgment of the health officer; AND
- 80% of the jurisdiction’s total population is fully vaccinated with two doses of Pfizer or Moderna or one dose of Johnson & Johnson (booster doses not considered) OR eight weeks have passed since a COVID-19 vaccine has been authorized for emergency use by federal and state authorities for 5- to 11-year-olds
READY- SET- GO!
- Current restrictions in the CDPH Blueprint Activity and Business Tiers chart will end.
- Most sectors may resume operations in compliance with the COVID-19 Prevention Emergency Temporary Standards, public health guidance, and other statewide agency guidelines and standards.
- Large-scale indoor events will have vaccination verification or pre-entry negative test requirements through October 1.
Find complete details in the CDPH Beyond the Blueprint for Industry and Business Sectors.
Review answers to your questions about getting back to normal on the CDPH Questions and Answers page.
The California Department of Public Health released updated guidance as of August 18, 2021:
- Applied vaccine verification or negative testing requirements to Indoor Mega Events involving 1,000 or more participants.
- Removed self-attestation as a mode for both vaccine verification and for verification of negative COVID-19 test for indoor events scheduled after September 20, 2021.
- Extended date for requirements and recommendations to remain in place to November 1, 2021.
- Businesses will be able to open up fully for outdoor and indoor service. This includes all restaurants, bars, wineries, and breweries.
- Movie theaters, gyms, and places of worship also will be allowed to open fully without limits.
- The same is true of museums and family entertainment centers. They also will be allowed to fully open to their normal capacity limits.
If traveling through Sonoma County’s Charles M. Schulz Airport (STS), please check out www.flysts.com for more details on safety protocols. STS recently received the Airport Health Accreditation from Airports Council International (ACI), making it one of the first 12 airports in the U.S. and one of just three in the Western United States to earn this recognition.
Service on Sonoma County Airport Express is operational with enhanced policies and procedures. Learn more about details on how they are ensuring the safety and comfort of all passengers and employees.
Sign the Pledge
We invite you to pledge your support to ‘Traveling Kindly’ across Sonoma County and choosing to make a positive impact on the health and well-being of our thriving local communities, abundant experiences, and breath-taking natural landscapes.
Thank you for signing the pledge and making a difference.
But…When Will Abalone Bay Reopen?
Important to note that Sea Ranch Abalone Bay will remain close due to its construction plans.
Become a member of our Inner Circle to be the first to receive the announcement of our reopening and be the first to book your dates!
Updated Restaurant and Cafe Protocols
Restaurant information and their COVID protocols have been added to our Restaurants in and near The Sea Ranch page.