Just five little numbers, who would have thought?
Not only do we love The Sea Ranch, but it seems everyone else does too!
Drum roll here for our 5 little numbers:
The Sea Ranch ranks 4th in the BEST ZIP CODES OF THE USA!!
Of course we are — how could we not??
These are the absolute best ZIP codes in the nation:
1. 20004, Washington, DC
2. 77005, Houston, TX
3. 98039, Medina, WA
4. 95497, Sea Ranch, CA
5. 11930, Amagansett, NY
6. 92121, San Diego, CA
7. 60603, Chicago, IL
8. 60602, Chicago, IL
9. 67230, Wichita, KS
10. 64113, Kansas City, MO
Using the U.S. Census’ American Community Survey, Movoto researched each ZIP code in the U.S., including those that were only a few people in size–
That meant we were still in the running!
ZIP codes that didn’t report data in any one of these criteria were omitted leaving a total of 28,061 ZIP codes.
The criteria looked at were:
- Median Household Income (the higher the better)
- Unemployment Rate (the lower the better)
- Average Commute Time (the lower the better)
- Median Rent (the higher, the more desirable an area)
- Median House Worth (the higher, the more desirable an area)
- High School Graduation Rate (the higher, the better)
- Families Below The Poverty Line (the lower, the better)
4. 95497 Sea Ranch, CA: Just Breathe That Ocean Breeze
If you’ve never heard of this area before, that’s okay, considering Sea Ranch is home to merely 1,305 people. Still, this little spot came up big in a lot of areas.
No families were below the poverty line, less than one percent of folks didn’t graduate from high school, no one is unemployed, and the shortest commute time in our top 10 all made this a pretty fantastic ZIP code.
You probably won’t be surprised to know that the housing prices here were very high, which makes sense considering the area’s distinctive architecture known as “Sea Ranch Style.”
Still, for what you get, it’s worth it. Even if you can’t afford to live here, perhaps you can at least afford to pay a trip to the Sea Ranch Lodge so you can enjoy the amazing ocean views.