Our Core Values
Recognizing that there is no “one-size fits all” solution we value the investment of time and energy necessary to truly understand the needs of our community and our guests. This personalized attention has proven successful. For more than 5 years, Abalone Bay has maintained an ever-increasing rebooking rate plus a following of over 3000 in its Social Media platforms (including Facebook , Instagram) and Inner Circle Membership
Sea Ranch Abalone Bay is a family-owned vacation rental business. Our vision of continuous value-driven improvement guides our business development. As a member of The Sea Ranch community, our vision is to assure all our guests not only respect neighboring members of our Sea Ranch community, but are also familiar and compliant with the community’s Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions. Further, as a member of short term rental owners who rent responsibly, we shall advocate, educate, and celebrate the short-term rental industry.
Abalone Bay owners, Jorge, and Donna Martinez firmly believe in maintaining a standard of professional standards. We model our code after the Vacation Rental Managers Association’s code of ethics. Abalone Bay exists to serve as a vehicle to increase public awareness of vacation rental lodging. We strive to enhance our business through continued education, strong professional standards, fair marketing, community involvement, and industry networking. We aspire to observe this spirit in all of our activities and to conduct our business ethically in accordance with the aspirational Articles set forth below. These Articles establish guidelines or ideals that we shall strive to attain in an effort to raise the level of professionalism and perceived value of service within the vacation rental industry.
Abalone Bay Owners, Jorge, and Donna Martinez, and all employees of Sea Ranch Abalone Bay shall endeavor to:
- Become and to remain informed on matters affecting the vacation rental industry in their community, state, and nation.
- Refrain from making false or misleading statements or unsolicited criticism of other individuals or companies working within the vacation rental industry and, if an opinion is sought about another vacation rental practitioner, its business or its business practices, any comments should be offered in an objective, professional manner.
- Eliminate in their communities any practices which may be damaging to the public or may bring discredit to the vacation rental industry.
- Set a positive example for the industry by scrupulously abiding by all state and local laws and regulations and professional standards governing vacation rentals and the conduct of the vacation rental industry. Abalone Bay shall be proactive regarding the establishment and improvement of policies and procedures regulating the vacation rental industry at the local, state, and national level.
- Share our experiences with other members of the vacation rental industry with the express goal of elevating the overall level of service performed and the resultant public awareness and recognition of the value of the industry overall.
- Not seek unfair advantage over competitors and should conduct their businesses so as to avoid controversies with others in the vacation rental industry.
- Treat our guests/customers honestly and fairly.
- Not exaggerate, misrepresent, or conceal pertinent facts relating to our property to all affected parties, including actual or potential guests/customers.
- Not deny equal professional services to any person for reasons of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. We shall refrain from discriminatory decisions based upon the above criteria or that of any other protected class.
- Maintain a level of competent service in keeping with the highest standards of the vacation rental industry. Abalone Bay shall not present ourselves as having expertise in fields beyond our abilities and shall not undertake to provide professional services concerning our property or its value where we have a present or contemplated interest unless such interest is specifically disclosed to all affected parties.
- Not recommend or suggest to a guest, client, or customer the use of services of another organization or business in which they have a direct interest or in which they receive a fee without disclosing such interest at the time of recommendation.
- Present an accurate picture of our rental offerings in all advertising and representations to the public.
- Assure that all financial obligations to guests be in writing in a form which expresses the exact agreement, including any terms or conditions. A copy of each agreement shall be provided to the respective party upon signature of such agreement.
- Be in compliance with all local zoning and requirements, and The Sea Ranch Home Owners Association rules and regulations.
Our mission is to:
- Provide excellence in services and relaxation for our guests
- Support a vibrant local and regional economy
- Demonstrate leadership and innovation in sustainable practices of business and community commitment
- Rent responsibly, ethically, and illuminate the benefits short-term rentals have on local entrepreneurs, local communities, local economies, and travel experiences.
Measurement of Goals
Therefore, guided by our values, vision, and ethics we accomplish our mission by supporting locally owned businesses and organizations by
- Utilizing their products and services to sustain a vacation home of excellent quality for our guests
- Raising awareness of our guests to the many excellent benefits of our locally owned businesses and organizations
- Guests actively supporting nonprofits that support the well-being, health, and education of the Mendonoma community
- Actively sponsoring and contributing to local cultural, social, sustainable and environmental initiatives that benefit the community
- Assure our guests and website visitors develop a sense of trust in our honor.
- Assure our guests appreciate, understand, and respect The Sea Ranch philosophy of “Living lightly on the land.”
About Sea Ranch and Mendonoma Community
Understanding Sea Ranch’s sense of place helps to gain a deeper understanding of our vision for Abalone Bay in addition to its draw as a desirable vacation spot.
The Sea Ranch remains an unincorporated coastal community in the northernmost reach of Sonoma County. The drive north to Sea Ranch from takes nearly three hours from San Francisco Airport. The drive through the heart of California’s wine country coupled with the beauty of Highway 1’s Coastal /Shoreline Highway in your last leg makes for a memorable road trip.
Further north is The Gualala River and township of Gualala which make Sea Ranch’s northern boundary. The Sea Ranch, its adjoining unincorporated community of Gualala in Mendocino County, and neighboring communities in northern coastal Sonoma County and the southern Mendocino County comprise what its members affectionately call, “Mendonoma.” Mendonoma offers one of the most natural settings along the northern California coast.
Additionally, the Mendonoma communities provide access to not only local commerce, but also to culture, and social services. For example, the visitors will enjoy the shopping in the Cypress Village Center with its boutiques and art galleries. Next, there is, of course, the Gualala Arts Center. Further, a visit to the Sea Ranch Chapel offers meditative respite in an otherwise hurried life.
About Sea Ranch Abalone Bay
Sea Ranch Abalone Bay, our oceanfront vacation rental home, overlooks the northern California coastline of the Pacific Ocean from its bluff perch. Coupled with its direct access to the ocean bluff trail and ocean guests enjoy a variety of outdoor experiences. Guests come from as close as the San Francisco Bay and Sacramento Valley areas of northern California, and as far away as Europe with their families and pets. Naturally, visitors come to our pristine rugged coastline to enjoy its Zenful surroundings. Direct access to nature as well as attention to detail in Abalone Bay’s amenities provide guests with a relaxing holiday experience.
Respect for Nature, Respect for Neighbors
The Sea Ranch’s unique character is one that embraces a vision of respect for nature, the land and the ocean it borders.
As a residential community, respect for neighbors is also critical. Our community is guided by the founding precepts of “the preservation of the character and benefits of the natural coastal environment for the present and future enjoyment of all who acquire property within The Sea Ranch.” All owners, “by virtue of their interest and participation in The Sea Ranch, are entitled to the reasonable enjoyment of the natural benefits and surroundings of The Sea Ranch.”
For this reason, our vision is to assure all our guests not only respect neighboring members of our Sea Ranch community, but are also familiar and compliant with the community’s Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions, most especially Rule 6.6 Nuisance Abatement, Prevention, and Penalties.
A Short History of Abalone Bay Sea Ranch Vacation Rental
Abalone Bay (Unit 18 ~Lot 78), a classic 3-bedroom/ 2-bath oceanfront Sea Ranch home, is freshly appointed with new furnishings, designer treatments, and superb views. Enjoy panoramic ocean views from the great room. From your bedroom view deer feed in the foreground and whales spouting in the distance. From the backyard bluff, you can watch seals sunning in the Marine Preserve. A short walk from the house takes you to Smuggler’s Cove or Pebble Beach.
Notably, Abalone Bay originally designed by John Fisher, who is known for his concert hall and theaters. Much like the proscenium of a theater, the house provides a stage from which to experience nature. Cedar paneling throughout mimics the redwoods and hedgerows nearby. Abalone Bay’s skylights and dramatic floor to ceiling windows bathe you in natural light. The kitchen with its butcher block countertop and Jenn Air duel-fuel range with convection cooking becomes the perfect hub for the cook. And for the outdoor cook, grill delicious fish, burgers, veggies and more on the Char-Broil grill in the private courtyard designed by Steve Brodie Architecture and Design.
A Vision for the Future
Updated and remodeled in 2019-2020 Abalone Bay by Obie Bowan, Abalone Bay now has 280° viewing of our coast with the addition of a west-facing window. The remodel also includes hardwood flooring and the conversion of the garage into a game room. Our vision for the future includes the addition of a two-car garage later in 2020.
Actives and organizations we support and sponsor include: