DIAL 911 IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY THAT REQUIRES IMMEDIATE ATTENTION
You are staying at 36905 Green Cove Drive, The Sea Ranch. Unit 18…Lot 78.
Emergency information about the various situations that you may encounter while visiting or staying in Sea Ranch is found on this page. You will find resources for your personal preparedness while visiting Sea Ranch and neighboring communities.
The safety information included here includes important information to help you make your vacation’s personal preparedness plan. We want to make sure you and your family have a safe, healthy and fun vacation at Abalone Bay.
Emergency Telephone Contacts
(Area Code 707 unless otherwise noted)
|Problem or Service||If you are calling from
your Landline, dial:
|If you are calling from
your Cell Phone, dial:
|Search and rescue||911||565-2121|
|Non-injury vehicle accident (Highway Patrol)||588-1400|
|Security, vandalism, disturbance, trespass||785-2701 Sea Ranch Security|
|Mountain lion sighting||785-2701 Sea Ranch Security|
|Sea Ranch Fire Department, non-emergency||785-2648 Sea Ranch Fire Dept.|
|Paramedic/EMT and ambulance, non-emergency||884-1829 Coast Life Support|
|Redwood Coast Medical Services (RCMS), Gualala||884-4005|
|Sonoma County Sheriff, non-emergency||565-2511|
In the event of an emergency, we provide information as well as resources for a Shelter in Place. In addition, there are emergency supplies located in the hall closet. Each bedroom has flashlights. Moreover we maintain an emergency crank battery operated radio. Plus, our welcome book includes safety tips and emergency information.
Below are other tips:
Click HERE for Quick Tips from Sea Ranch’s Emergency Information Team
For the locations of the 13 AED units on The Sea Ranch with links to websites with more information and brief instructions for operating the units click here. This provides you a pdf of our Automatic External Defibrilators (AED) locations.
General Emergency Information for Potential Hazards
Our rural environment with natural vegetation is vulnerable to wildfires. In order to protect our lives, homes and environment: No Smoking, No Fireworks, No Open Flames. Smoking is prohibited year ‘round on all trails, common areas and restricted common areas of The Sea Ranch. Dry forest and grasslands are an extreme wildfire hazard. Always know your potential evacuation route, and how to get to Highway One, preferably two different ways.
More info at these websites:
Wildfire Procedures when fire approaches the general area:
- Park your vehicle facing out, pack your vehicle according to your checklist and keep keys, cell phone and flashlight easily accessible.
- Secure your pets, prepare them for transport.
- Close all windows, heavy drapes, blinds and shutters if present.
- Remove any sheer window coverings.
- Place a ladder against the house on side away from oncoming fire, this will provide easy access to the roof for firefighters.
- Move any combustible yard furniture into garage or away from home.
- Leave garden hoses (hooked up) and full buckets of water around home.
- Leave electricity ON and turn on porch light and some interior lights.
- Dress in long pants, long sleeved shirt, goggles or glasses, a bandana to cover face and a baseball cap. Wear 100% cotton if possible.
- Use phones (cell and house) only when necessary, circuits can become overwhelmed potentially causing emergency calls not to go through.
- Leave a door of your home unlocked.
- If firefighters make a stand at your home they will need to gain access for their own safety in the case of an unexpected fire blow up.
- Drive slowly and safely; turn headlights and flashers on.
- Be aware that emergency vehicles are likely on their way in.
- If you are trapped by fire, park as close to the inside of the road as possible without driving off the road and disabling your vehicle, stay inside your vehicle and keep engine running, close vents, cover yourself with a blanket and get down as low as possible.
- Call 911 and let dispatcher know that you are evacuating from a fire on the Sea Ranch and you have become trapped.
- Give 911 dispatcher as exact of a location as possible-
- You are staying at 36905 Green Cove Drive, The Sea Ranch. Unit 18…Lot 78.
Our natural, rural environment is home to many wild creatures. Among the deer, rabbits and foxes, we also have the occasional mountain lion.
Winter Storms and Power Outages
Sonoma County Earthquake Hazard
Sonoma County is bounded on the west and the east by earthquake faults. For your emergency information, there are four active or potentially active earthquake faults are identified within the County’s boundaries.
Northern Segment of the San Andreas Fault
The Northern Segment of the San Andreas Fault lies off the west coast of the County, and crosses land at Bodega Bay. Moreover, it goes out to sea and crosses the County again from Fort Ross, past the community of Sea Ranch, exiting the County at its northern border.
Northern Hayward/Rodgers Creek Fault
The Northern Hayward/Rodgers Creek Fault enters Sonoma County at San Pablo Bay and extends northward through the City of Santa Rosa.
Third, The Maacama Fault lies to the east of the Healdsburg Fault and continues northward, passing east of the City of Cloverdale.
Hayward/Rogers Creek Fault
Last, the Hayward/Rogers Creek fault system has the highest likelihood of an M 6.7 or greater earthquake occurring before 2036. The largest earthquake within 30 miles of Sea Ranch, CA was a 4.4 Magnitude in 2014. This website provides a listing of recent earthquakes in the region.
For more detail concerning history of earthquakes at Sea Ranch, see:
I. Borg, “The San Andreas Fault at The Sea Ranch,” The Sea Ranch Soundings, Fall 1992, no. 34, pp. 6-7.
Also walk the San Andreas Interpretative Trail, just uphill from the Hot Spot. A pamphlet is available at the head of the trail that allows you to locate signs of the last big quake.
Tsunami – YOU HAVE 2 MINUTES TO GET 100 FEET UP!
Click here for a RUN-UP CHART and EVACUATION ROUTES
Whenever we have a medical emergency our family uses the Redwood Coast Medical Services (RCMS), a not-for-profit health center located in Gualala. Additionally we have used it for general health care. RCMS provides a broad range of family-oriented, community-based medical, dental and behavioral health services to residents and visitors. within the coastal area of Southern Mendocino and Northern Sonoma Counties.
RCMS health centers are located in Gualala (medical center, including Urgent Care) and Point Arena (medical and dental centers).
Local Healthcare Services
RCMS’ healthcare services are designed to meet the needs of the community and include pediatric and adult medical and dental care; management of chronic diseases; prenatal care; women’s health issues; mental health counseling; nutrition and health education; geriatric care; immunizations; x-ray and lab; and urgent care including minor surgery. RMCS also has a Visiting Nurse and Hospice program.
Urgent Care Department
The Urgent Care Department at RCMS’ Gualala facility is open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. Urgent Care services are also available on an on-call basis from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays – call 707-884-4005.
To learn more about RCMS, its services and its experienced team of medical, dental and behavioral health providers, please go to the RCMS website at www.rcms-healthcare.org or call 707-884-4005. Locations of all three RCMS health centers are included on the website including hours/days that each is open and phone numbers.
Emergency Information about Transport and Air Ambulance
In the light of the fact that the nearest hospital is two hours away, the Coast Life Support District (CLSD) provides paramedic ambulance response and transport. The CLSD ambulance district was founded by special state legislation, approved by a large majority of district voters, and is supported by fees for services and a per-parcel benefit assessment.
Air (helicopter) ambulance service is available on the coast from REACH and from CalStar, and occasionally from Sonoma County Sheriff’s Henry 1 helicopter. If helicopter evacuation is required it is not possible to choose which service will be used; whichever service is available at the time will be dispatched.